Sunday 27 November 2011

English 1080 recap

I enjoyed English 1080.  Through class discussions about poems we read, I was able to better understand how to analyze them and to find deeper meanings.  I learned that by hearing how others perceived a meaning in a poem it is easier to make sense of how I perceive it.  I also learned a lot about how to analyze short stories.  I had never really considered setting to be very important in a story, other than where the story physically takes place, until this class.  I learned that setting, and other aspects of short stories all relate to the stories deeper meaning.  I think that getting students to blog is a very good idea.  It is a way of having students informally share what they learn in the course.  A blog seems very casual and does not seem like a heavy homework activity, so it is easy to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment