Friday 11 November 2011

Open Letter

Dear Mr. Bonham

I can’t believe I went through 8 years of playing the drums without hearing about you!  It wasn’t until 2009 that another fellow drummer introduced me to your work.  When I listened to some Led Zeppelin tracks such as ‘Fool in the Rain’ and your variations of ‘Moby Dick’, I was amazed and in awe!  You have to be one of the most talented drummers I have ever heard.   

Your ability to keep time and play the shuffle has cost me countless hours of sweat, blood and unsuccessful attempts trying to replicate ‘Fool in the Rain’.  I have a feeling you threw that samba beat in there just so no one could replicate the drum track of this song!

I was terribly saddened when I realized you had passed away.  I was also saddened to learn you had gone long before I was even born.  You won’t be able to read this, but I would still like to say on behalf of most all drummers and myself that you have been an inspiration to all of us.



Rock On!      

Nate

No comments:

Post a Comment